First up, let us look at the top posts of all time (the list on the left is only for the week):
1) Review: "Red Inferno 1945" by Robert Conroy by Sebastian Breit.
2) Preview: Before Watchmen by Sean Korsgaard.
3) Alternate History and Superheroes by Ben Ronning.
4) How to Write and Publish a Novel in Eight Easy Steps by Chris Nuttall.
5) Showcase: Images of 1984 - Stories from Oceania by Sean Korsgaard.
6) Review: Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation 2 by Chris Nuttall.
7) A first look at NBC's Revolution by Sebastian Breit.
8) January 2013: The Month of No Americans by Matt Mitrovich.
9) Civilization II: Eternal War by Matt Mitrovich.
10) Review: Spike's Alternate History by Matt Mitrovich.
Seb keeps the top spot, but as usual I have the most article on the list (although not by much this time). Alright lets move on to the state of our social networking presence:
- We had 63 Google followers on 2/8/13, now we have 68 (Goal: 100 by 6/13, 68% complete).
- We had 207 Facebook fans on 2/8/13, now we have 245 (Goal: 300 by 6/13, 84% complete).
- We had 319 Twitter followers on 2/8/13, now we have 389 (Goal 300 by 6/13, 130% complete)
- We have 14 Networked Blogs followers on 2/8/13, now we have 14 (Goal: 15 by 6/13, 93% complete).
- We have 6 Reddit subscribers on 2/8/13, now we have 7 (Goal: 25 by 6/13, 28% complete)
Thank you to our Twitter fans for continuing to be awesome as we blow past the old goal. Hopefully we can still break the rest of our goals before June as well. Please, if you use either service, follow us and help us reach our goal before our two year anniversary. Of course you probably noticed the stats for the group not up there. That is because I disbanded the group because I found it redundant since we have a page. I still might try sometime in the future setting up a forum for our fans.
If you would like to contribute, I encourage you to contact me at ahwupdate at gmail dot com. The Update would not have grown to become what it is today without the help of the contributors who routinely submit articles to be enjoyed by you, the reader. All contributors will be given the opportunity to promote their current projects, plus a link to their website(s) in the "Our Favorites" section on the left had side of the blog. Check out our Submissions page and the rules for the DBWI writing contest.
Thank you once again for being a fan of The Update and I hope that we can continue to provide top quality content for years to come.
* * *
Matt Mitrovich is the founder and editor of Alternate History Weekly Update, a blogger on Amazing Stories and a volunteer editor for Alt Hist magazine. His fiction can be found at Echelon Press, Jake's Monthly and The Were-Traveler. When not writing he works as an attorney, enjoys life with his beautiful wife Alana and prepares for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. You can follow him on Facebook or Twitter.