First up, let us look at the top posts of all time (the list on the left is only for the month):
1) Preview: Before Watchmen by Sean Korsgaard.
2) Review: "Red Inferno 1945" by Robert Conroy by Sebastian Breit.
3) Showcase: Images of 1984 - Stories from Oceania by Sean Korsgaard.
4) A first look at NBC's Revolution by Sebastian Breit.
5) Civilization II: Eternal War by Matt Mitrovich.
6) Review: Spike's Alternate History by Matt Mitrovich.
7) One Way to Divide America: Ethnicity by Matt Mitrovich.
8) Review: The Beast of the Bosporus by Matthew Quinn by Matt Mitrovich.
9) Showcase: A Giant Sucking Sound by Sean Korsgaard.
10) 2012 AH.com Turtledove Awards by Sean Korsgaard.
As usual Sean takes the top spot, but I tied with him for most articles in the top ten, with Seb having a respectable two in the list. Alright lets move on to the state of our social networking presence:
- We had 58 Google followers on 10/24/12, now we have 60 (Goal: 100 by 6/13, 60% complete).
- We had 172 Facebook fans on 10/24/12, now we have 185 (Goal: 300 by 6/13, 62% complete).
- We had 67 members in our Facebook group on 10/24/12, now we have 74 (Goal: 150 by 6/13, 49% complete).
- We had 233 Twitter followers on 10/24/12, now we have 273 (Goal 300 by 6/13, 90% complete)
- We have 12 Networked Blogs followers on 10/24/12, now we have 13 (Goal: 15 by 6/13, 91% complete).
- We have 5 Reddit subscribers on 10/24/12 (Goal: 25 by 6/13, 20% complete)
We are so close to reaching both our Twitter and Networked Blogs goal. Please, if you use either service, follow us and help us reach our goal before our two year anniversary. Also, members of our Facebook group, don't forget you can invite your friends to the group. If you know someone out there who likes alternate history, introduce them to the Update.
If you would like to contribute, I encourage you to contact me at ahwupdate at gmail dot com. Weekly Update would not have grown to become what it is today without the help of the contributors who routinely submit articles to be enjoyed by you, the reader. All contributors will be given the opportunity to promote their current projects, plus a link to their website(s) in the "Our Favorites" section on the left had side of the blog. I also hope to one day pay the contributors who write for Weekly Update if we can get a few advertisers. If you are struggling for ideas, check out the announcement for our upcoming writing contest in January.
Thank you once again for being a fan of Weekly Update and I hope that we can continue to provide top quality content for years to come.
* * *
Matt Mitrovich is the founder and editor of Alternate History Weekly Update and a volunteer editor for Alt Hist magazine. His fiction can be found at Echelon Press, Jake's Monthly and The Were-Traveler. When not writing he works as an attorney, enjoys life with his beautiful wife Alana and prepares for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. You can follow him on Facebook or Twitter.