Time now for our traditional "State of the Blog" post that I publish on these milestones. The last time we obtained another 100,000 views was when we surpassed 700,000 page views on 8/18/15, which was roughly four months ago. We have seen some impressive growth in 2015 (we also saw 600,000 page views in April) and I would not be surprised if we reached 1,000,000 page views next year. Fingers crossed everybody.
Next up, lets take a look at the current top posts of all time (the list on the left is only for the week):
1) 1814: How Washington Was Saved (Part 1) by William Weber
2) What If Wednesday: The Roman Empire Never Falls by Matt Mitrovich.
3) Map Monday: The Former United States in The Man in the High Castle by Matt Mitrovich.
4) One Way to Divide America: Ethnicity by Matt Mitrovich.
5) 6 Common Mistakes Every American Revolution Alternate History Makes by Matt Mitrovich.
6) Map Monday: A map where Europe never discovered America by liminalsoup by Matt Mitrovich.
7) Review: "Red Inferno 1945" by Robert Conroy by Sebastian Breit.
8) Preview: Before Watchmen by Sean Korsgaard.
9) Map Monday: Quantum Europe by Daniel Bensen by Daniel Bensen.
10) Book Review: A Kill in the Morning by Graeme Shimmin by Matt Mitrovich.
I would like to apologize for claiming in an earlier State of the Blog post that I wrote the Map Monday for "Quantum Europe". That was completely done by Dan. With that out of the way, lets take a look at the changes in our social media followers:
- We had 101 Blogger followers on 8/18/15, now we have 99
- We had 547 Facebook fans on 8/18/15, now we have 633
- We had 784 Twitter followers on 8/18/15, now we have 893
- We had 31 Networked Blogs followers on 8/18/15, now we have 33
- We had 26 Reddit subscribers on 8/18/15, now we have 28
- We had 55 Email Subscribers on 8/18/15, now we have 62
Glad to see we again had some major growth on Twitter, but this is the first time we actually had less followers using Blogger since the last State of the Blog post, so that sucks. Now lets take a look at some of our affiliated sites:
Our best month in terms of page views was last August when we reached 27,213 views. I hope to break that record very soon. If you want to help me with that goal, please consider becoming on of my patrons on Patreon. I have a lot of rewards and milestone goals that I think you will enjoy.
Businesses looking to reach out to our intelligent and engaged community of readers should check out our Advertise page for more details. Those looking to submit a guest post should check out our Submissions page and then email me at ahwupdate at gmail dot com. You can also support The Update by clicking through our Amazon banner at the top right corner when you go to purchase your next alternate history book, comic, game or whatever tickles your fancy.
Thanks to all of the readers and contributors of The Update for helping us reach another major milestone. Expect more posts, videos and other alternate history goodness for years to come.
* * *
Matt Mitrovich is the founder and editor of Alternate History Weekly Update, a blogger on Amazing Stories and a Sidewise Awards for Alternate History judge. When not writing he works as an attorney, enjoys life with his beautiful wife Alana and prepares for the day when travel between parallel universes becomes a reality. You can follow him on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Learn how you can support his alternate history projects on Patreon.