According to the press release, the most significant modification in "Common Sense" is the new provincial development system. Building space in a province is now limited by its terrain and Development Value. The more developed a province is, the greater wealth and power you can squeeze out of it. By spending monarch points, you can now customize your trading hubs or make great recruiting centers. Fewer, more powerful buildings means that every decision about construction has greater importance.
Check out the teaser trailer for more information:
- Parliaments: The English crown and other constitutional systems of government can now use their flexible system to pass laws through parliaments
- National Churches: Protestant kingdoms can customize their new faith and make it a true partner to the throne.
- New Religious Systems: Buddhism and Protestantism both get fresh coats of faith-based paint
- New Options For Subject States: Once just tiny money faucets, recent expansions have made vassals and colonial nations more useful. Common Sense gives you new tools to exploit them or keep them in line
- Government Ranks: As you invest in the development of your nation, you can climb from a small duchy to a major empire, unlocking new benefits.
- New Government mechanics: Theocracies will have new actions and mechanics to highlight their unique character, and the Holy Roman Empire can create Free Cities
As always, if you pick up a copy of "Common Sense", let us know at The Update what you thought about it.
* * *
Matt Mitrovich is the founder and editor of Alternate History Weekly Update and a blogger on Amazing Stories. Check out his short fiction. When not writing he works as an attorney, enjoys life with his beautiful wife Alana and prepares for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. You can follow him on Facebook or Twitter.