Enough chatter, here are the nominees:
- Vylar Kaftan, “The Weight of the Sunrise” (Asimov’s, 2/13)
- Ken Liu, “A Brief History of the Trans-Pacific Tunnel” (F&SF, 1/13)
- Adam Roberts, “Tollund” (The Book of the Dead, Jurassic London)
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch, “Uncertainty” (Asimov’s, 3/13)
- Harry Turtledove, “Cayos in the Stream” (Tor.com, 8/7/13)
- Ian Watson, “Blair’s War” (Asimov’s, 7/12)
- Robert Conroy, 1920: America’s Great War (Baen)
- Mark Hodder, The Secret of Abdu el Yezdi (Pyr, Ebury)
- D. J. Taylor, The Windsor Faction (Pegasus, Chatto & Windus)
- Bryce Zabel, Surrounded by Enemies: What If Kennedy Survived Dallas? (Mill City Press)
So what do you guys thinks of the nominees? Who do you think is going to win? More important, does anyone have a review of one of the nominees they would like to post on The Update?
* * *
Matt Mitrovich is the founder and editor of Alternate History Weekly Update and a blogger on Amazing Stories. Check out his short fiction. When not writing he works as an attorney, enjoys life with his beautiful wife Alana and prepares for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. You can follow him on Facebook or Twitter.