Capitalism Reigns as Crusader Kings II: The Republic Expansion is Announced
Crusader Kings II.
Trade trumps bloodline in this latest expansion, as players will experience a whole new style of game based on playing as the head of a Patrician family of in one of the great Merchant Republics. Take control of the seas to expand and defend your trading empire, survive feuds with rival families and and plot to seize their Trade Posts.
Crusader Kings II: The Republic introduces a silk route’s wealth of new features, including lobbying to become Doge, where investing money in the campaign coffers will make up for lack of family ties and prestige. Cold hard cash is king here, may the richest man win!
Crusader Kings II: The Republic expansion will release in Q1 2013 on all major digital download portals for $9.99 USD. Here are few things you can expect from the new expansion:
- Experience a new and different type of game by playing as one of the great merchant republics of Venice, Genoa, Pisa, the Hanseatic League or Gotland.
- As the head of a Patrician family, you must guide your Republican dynasty through fortune and misfortune in a world dominated by kings and emperors.
- Build Trade Posts and expand your mercantile empire by controlling the sea lanes and coasts of Europe... and defend it against rival Patricians, Republics and greedy feudal lords.
- Improve your trade posts and your prestigious family palace with dozens of unique new buildings.
- Compete in the Doge elections, compensating for lack of age and prestige by investing money in your campaign fund.
- Survive feuds with other Patrician families and plot to seize trade posts from your rivals; new plot and many special events for characters in the Republics.
- New Republican skin for the interface.
- Unique clothes and ship models for Republics.
March of the Eagles Live Gameplay Trailer Released
Be sure to view the new March of the Eagles trailer, the war-focused strategy game from Paradox Development Studios and Paradox Interactive. Read the development diary to learn more about the game or watch the Napoleonic Era spring to bloody life in the new March of the Eagles trailer:
March of the Eagles is a strategy wargame set in the turbulent Napoleonic Wars. You can lead any of dozens of European powers in a quest to establish yourself as the most dominant power on land and sea. Take control of any one nation of Europe in this geopolitical barfight, dispatch armies and envoys, raid supply lines, form coalitions and get with the times, already.
He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat. You keep that in mind, because the March of the Eagles will be advancing on all fronts in Q1 2013 on all major digital download portals.
* * *
Matt Mitrovich is the founder and editor of Alternate History Weekly Update and a volunteer editor for Alt Hist magazine. His fiction can be found at Echelon Press, Jake's Monthly and The Were-Traveler. When not writing he works as an attorney, enjoys life with his beautiful wife Alana and prepares for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. You can follow him on Facebook or Twitter.